Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Anton's Pasta Bar

website
4260 Hastings Street
Burnaby
604.299.6636

Meal
Dinner

Cost
$$

Entree
Herb Penne Alla Mediterraneo

The Low-Down
Deal

Review
You always see huge line-ups in front of Anton's, whether it's sunny or raining, hot or cold. Their dishes are quite cheaply priced and the portions are huge. I have never finished my own portion at Anton's, and I think I can say the same for the majority of people that visit. Everyone always leaves with a doggy bag. This was no exception. First came the bread, which unfortunately was cold and pretty stale. I have to say it was a pretty disappointing start to the night. But, before I knew it, a huge pile of pasta was in my face and I was ready to dig in! After taking a few bites though, I realized the dish was a little too salty. This curbed my enthusiasm a bit and I ate less than normal. Overall, I would still rate it a deal for the lunches and dinners it provided afterwards, but the taste was a little off this night. Still in my books though!

 
Bread and Butter

 
Herb Penne Alla Mediterraneo

No comments:

Post a Comment